U.S. Mozzarella & U.S Colby Jack Sticks with Goji Berry Aioli & Pickled Cherry Tomato
Chef Petrina Loh, winner of the 2017 World Gourmet Summit Awards of Excellence Huber's Restaurant of the Year, presents cheese sticks featuring U.S. Mozzarella and U.S. Colby Jack with her own inspired touches.
U.S. Mozzarella and U.S Colby Jack Sticks
50g (each) red and white quinoa
80g semi-fine panko, blended
80g (each) ‘00’ flour and potato flour
1g aji amarillo
1g kampot red pepper powder
3g white pepper fine powder
7g Szechuan pepper powder
3g paprika dolce
100g U.S. Mozzarella, cut to 3” x 1” sticks
100g U.S. Colby Jack, cut to 3” x 1” sticks
12 wonton skins
2 eggs, beaten
water for wrapping wonton skins
rice bran oil
Goji Berry Aioli
1 garlic, minced
2g dijon mustard
10g fresh lemon juice
80g olive oil
75g goji berries, rehydrated
pickled yellow cherry tomatoes for garnishing
For the U.S. Mozzarella and U.S Colby Jack Sticks:
- Combine red and white quinoa, blended panko, ‘00’ flour, potato flour, aji amarillo, kampot red pepper, white pepper powder, Szechuan pepper powder and paprika dolce in a mixing bowl. Set the breading mixture aside.
- Wet the edges of the wanton skins and place a layer of U.S. Mozzarella sticks followed by a layer of U.S. Colby Jack sticks on top.
- Seal the wanton skins.
- Dip into beaten egg mixture and coat with the breading mixture.
- Place in the blast-freezer for 1 hour and deep-fry in rice bran oil at 180°C until golden brown. Keep warm.
For the Goji Berry Aioli:
- Combine garlic, egg and Dijon mustard.
- Blend mixture using a hand blender and drizzle oil in until an aioli forms.
- Add goji berries to the aiol and blend well.
- Serve U.S. Mozzarella and U.S. Colby Jack Cheese sticks on a plate with goji berry aioli and pickled yellow cherry tomatoes as a dip on the side.
Adapted from the Jul Aug 18 recipe supplement
by Cuisine & Wine Asia.
For more information on U.S. cheeses, contact the U.S. Dairy Export Council Southeast Asia office at email@example.com
or visit www.ThinkUSAdairy.org